Friday, May 9, 2014

Discipline



Once one has accepted that they procrastinate, they should go about steps for disciplining themselves so they don't fall back into the painful loop of putting off work. I personally got the help of my girlfriend; every time I don't get work done by a certain time or date I will not get any food if we go out. My main diet consists of pizza, and the idea that I will not be able to receive pizza if we go out to a pizza place terrifies me. So this kind of discipline works out fairly well. That is not the only kind of discipline at one's disposal though; congratulate yourself whenever you follow through with work. Order your favorite food that night, go out to see a movie, buy a pony! Whatever you think you deserve (within reason), get it.

P.S. This kind of reinforcement is positive reinforcement. Used by many classic psychologists.


No comments:

Post a Comment